JOIN THE SOBU TEAM
Customer Service and Order Fulfilment Manager
Remote, full-time position based in the Bay Area
SOBU is currently looking for a Customer Service and Order Fulfillment Manager with a great attitude, super organizational skills and a dedication to making sure our customers are some of the happiest. This is a new position at SOBU that will interface directly with the owners, our customers and multiple vendors. We need someone who is self motivated and hyper organized who can help us build and implement order fulfillment and tracking methods and stay on top of all incoming orders. You will be our liaison to ensure a smooth order fulfillment process. We are excited to find the right person for this key role at SOBU to help us grow and have even more fun together!
A little about us: We're husband and wife designers who once had a dream of opening up a little store together. We'd design cool stuff, we'd meet lots of interesting people in the neighborhood, we'd show local artists' work and have parties at our store, we'd put a sign in the window sometimes saying, 'closed early' just because we could, we'd pick up the kids right when school got out. That's SOBU!
Because we are a family run business and extremely proud of our values and the working environment we have created, we want you to own and love your work like we do! Organization and self motivation are key to your success.
This is a full-time position based in the Bay Area (majority remote and partly at our offices in Berkeley or store in Oakland).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in logistics, order management, and/or fulfillment operations
- Experience in Shopify a plus
- Excellent command of English language, communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated to work hard and get things done independently
- Friendly, upbeat and positive written voice a must
- Knowledge of the furniture and/or design industries a plus
- Strong computer literacy
- Track, schedule and keep customers and SOBU updated on all open orders in a timely manner
- Communicate between customers, vendors and freight carriers to ensure a smooth order fulfillment process
- Place and track orders with SOBU vendors
- Communicate with SOBU shop and warehouse to ensure that inventory quantities are current and updated
- Communicate and coordinate with customers and SOBU regarding any product claims and ensure customers are satisfied and vendor/delivery claims are filed and resolved
- Support and deliver top-tier customer experience for all orders
- Help to improve and implement open order tracking system
- Competitive salary and vacation (dependent on experience)
- Health care benefits
- Annual bonus
- Responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Member of a fun, creative team with a love of design
- Work directly with owners and founders of SOBU with lots of potential to grow with the business
- Discount on beautiful products
If you think you're the perfect fit for this role, we'd love to hear from you! Send us your resume and an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and share with us why you think you'd be a successful candidate and let us know about your previous experience.
Thanks for your interest in SOBU. We look forward to hearing from you!
Laleh and Alessandro